i love to read. some of my very favorite books have been ones that inspire me to learn and grow in my faith. here are some of those reads:
Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis (i'm halfway through but i had to put it on this list!)
Searching For God Knows What by Donald Miller (one of my favorite authors)
The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
Crazy Love by Francis Chan
do you have any favorites?









mine is a fiction one. REDEEMING LOVE by Francine rivers and her Series Her Mothers Hope & Her Daughters Dream. Those two books break my heart and give me so much hope and the redeeming power of Christ and just how much He blesses those who put Him first and give their lives to him.
ReplyDelete♥cheche
blessings honey!
Those are some of my favorites, too! A couple others I've read in the past year or so that I'd recommend (along with a link to my thoughts on each of them that I've posted before on my blog) include: "Experiencing The Holy Spirit" by Andrew Murray, "Let God Talk To You" by Becky Tirabessi, and "Anonymous" by Alicia Britt Chole. They all were great reads that really inspired me and helped me dig into my faith a little more!
ReplyDeleteSometimes I have a hard time reading those kinds of books, but I LOVED Radical. One of the best books I've ever read. Ordinarily I get more from Christian fiction, strange as that may be. My favorites are Redeeming Love (duh) & And the Shofar Blew by Francine Rivers.
ReplyDeleteI've read The Irresistible Revolution. It's a good one. As is One Thousand Gifts! Love that book! :) One of my favs would be Radical by David Platt (God definitely used that book to change my heart and point of view). I'd encourage you to read that one if you haven't already! Also on my list would be Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot. So good! I'm going to have to check out Mere Christianity. I've been wanting to read it and maybe grab a few A.W. Tozer books as well. Right now I'm reading Authentic Beautiful by Leslie Ludy. :)
ReplyDelete