1/3/12
goals for 2012 // thought
2. THOUGHT
read one poem a week: I would like to enjoy poetry, I really would. So I've decided maybe I just need to read more of it! I picked up a few books at the library and I'm starting a "poem log" to keep track of the poems I've read.
send a package to Kendry: I sponsor (through World Vision) an adorable little girl from Columbia named Kendry. I've sent her a few packages before, but it is always fun picking out things to send to her and hearing how she liked things in her letters.
read through the New Testament: I haven't been doing to well on staying in the Word lately so I decided to work through the New Testament again. I always end up so inspired but for some reason it can be so hard to work up the initial motivation to read it.
write a letter a week: I love writing letters. And who doesn't like getting letters? I've been pretty lucky to have some steady pen pals throughout my life, and I want to keep that going this year.
finish Les Miserables: This book has been on my "to read" list for an embarrassingly long time now, but every time I pull it out and see the teeny-tiny font and 600+ pages I end up setting it down. Hmm.
fast for a day: The only time I've ever fasted was for a "30 Hour Famine" event at my church. I didn't really do it for a spiritual benefit; it was mostly a social thing. It is amazing how many times fasting and prayer are mentioned in the Bible so I would love to try it out sometime! And spending a little extra non-distracted time with God never hurts, does it?
memorize five Bible verses: I have an awful memory. Awful. (Just ask my friends about my movie-quoting abilities. It's so pathetic! haha) It's pretty neat, though, how the few verses I have committed to memory seem to come to mind just when I need to hear them.
start keeping a journal: I used to keep a journal when I was younger and it is super fun to look back and see the things I was doing then. There are a lot of big events coming up this year and it would be nice to have them written down!
Here's part one of my goals: CREATIVE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










love these! I love keeping journals, and that's the only way for me to blog coherent posts. The New Testament is a great book to read through. I love poetry as well. (:
ReplyDeleteI love journaling. I've let it slide a lot recently; I need to pick it back up again. Hoping to do so soon!
ReplyDeleteYou can do it Mai! :) <--- I WILL be calling you that from now on! Ohh and yes your memory is just wonderful! :) just as they always will be! <3 I love you. Thanks for being inspiring!
ReplyDeleteCam
Great goals! I love journaling myself... since I've started blogging I haven't kept up with it quite as diligently but I'm trying to change that this year. As for the Bible memorization, I know what you mean with the perfect timing! I'm doing that this year, too, though I'm trying to push myself to do two a month. We'll see how that actually goes! :)
ReplyDelete