6/15/11
summer goals...
1. read: I hope to make some headway on the towering stack of books beside my bed.
2. clean eating: when I am home all the time, it becomes super easy to just grab whatever is quick (which normally turns out to be bread or sugar- my favorites) but I want to be intentional with what I eat. also I want to branch out and try more vegetables or grains.
3. thrift: there is something super satisfying about discovering awesome finds for cheap at thrift stores. it's also nice to know that you are keeping something from just being thrown away. it takes a lot more work than just going to the mall, but it is definitely worth it!
4. organize and simplify: one annual project I tackle every summer is my room. I like to go through everything and weed out the things I don't need or have kept since second grade. I want to simplify and try to really only have things that have a purpose and/or daily use.
5. create: design. photograph. sketch. sew. write. get inspired again.
6. ride my bike: it is so easy to just hop in the car when I go to the grocery store or work, but in reality it doesn't take too much longer to grab my bike and ride there instead. riding my bike is also a semi-enjoyable type of exercise (which is hard to come by).
7. learn: (this also ties in to the first goal, reading) I love nonfiction books and piecing together events in history. this summer, I want to study up on things I find interesting and also grow in my faith and knowledge of the word.
8. reflect: I want to become better at recording the little things that happen throughout the day- those are often the most fun to look back on anyway. I also need to start (and finish) my photo album from my trip to china last january. it's been on my to-do list for quite a while now and I feel like the longer I wait the more things I will forget!
well, that's my list of goals for the summer. what's on yours?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










Hey girl!
ReplyDeleteI know you commented on my post a while back on dreams and I wanted you to know how much that simple comment touched my heart. I felt like your comment was so true in my life at that comment. It was almost like God placed you in my life for a certain reason. After much prayer I now have the oppurtunity to lead worship at church and I wanted you to know you were constantly in mind for the past couple of weeks {not in a creepy way:)} So thank you were leaving a littl e impact on my life in an awesome way(:
xxo.
Mai.
ReplyDeleteI love this post. I even kind of coppied it ;). Sorry
You havnt posted in a while. Dont stop now, your on a roll. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading your posts. I love you too!!
Cam.
Hi there.
ReplyDeleteI love your list !! I also love the yellow stripe notepad you have written on. And your handwriting. I pretty much love everything about that photograph.
These are good goals. Good luck and have fun achieving them all.
xo
Look at your adorable list!
ReplyDelete(and thank you- that is my house. Or should I say apartment? It's not quite done, but stay tuned! I'll post pics as I go. )
is that your handwriting because its adorable!
ReplyDelete