navigation bar

aboutcraftsrecipessnapshotsfaithheres to lovelydesignblogrollcontact

5/4/11

thoughts on: creativity

photo found here
‎"Make no mistake about it: There is a deep and divine connection between a God who is Creator and you who are Creative. It is written in between the lines of God’s fingerprint on your life. Your creativity is not your own. It has a source separate from you, a source much greater than you. It is a gift that has been entrusted to you. Your Creator created you to Create, or rather, to “Co-Create” with Him."

This ebook was mentioned on Promise Tangeman's blog the other day and I decided to check it out. Within the first couple of pages I read this quote (above) and was taken back by the idea. As someone who belongs to the Creator Himself and likes to think of herself as creative, I was surprised that I hadn't thought about this concept much before. It makes complete sense, though, doesn't it?! We serve the most creative and artistic God who created us in His likeness... of course He created us to be creative! (phew I used "create" a lot! I'm almost done!) 
In the busyness of life I think it is easy to let the "creative side of ourselves" slip to the wayside as more "pressing" matters come up (which they always do). After reading this quote, though, I realized the important role creativity was meant to play in our lives. I think God wants us to use our creativity to bring praise to Him. While I often think of serving or glorifying God as reading my Bible or remembering to thank Him for the many blessings I've been given, or going on mission trips- that kind of thing, I realized that the simple act of being creative and exploring new ways to use that energy is another way God desires us to bring glory to Him. 

You can download the ebook (don't worry...it's free!) here. I'd love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello, friend! thanks for stopping by. leave me a link to your blog so I can visit you!